Thursday, November 13, 2014

Step two... and plenty more to come!

                                                    
So we got the call! I received the call from the agency yesterday! However, it was the wrong department:( But.... we got the REAL call later in the afternoon!!! It was just a basic intake call. She asked basic questions about my husband and I, and about Jaxon. Then she explained the steps we needed to take toward our goal of adoption! Wow, there sure are a lot of steps. Another thing we were not sure on was going to be the fees that we would be responsible for. There are some fees, but doable. I sat down last night and formulated a plan for all the adoption fees and then how we were also going to still be able to do a big fun vacation with Jaxon next year! We still plan on taking him to Disney over his birthday next summer! So no adoption before then... though we will hope to have all our classes and homestudy close to done by then!
Speaking of homestudy.. I am kinda freaked out. Anyone out there reading this, do you have any tips? Know of anyone who failed? (if so, why?) I am mostly nervous because of our finances. We have it all in check, but our credit scores are not all that great (mostly due to medical bills and past credit card debt stuff). But if its Gods will, it will all work out!
Another thing is our dog.. she is a great dog. Though, she likes to bark... a lot! She is never mean to Jaxon, though she does not really like it when he tries to pet her. I am pretty sure its just the breed, as she is a smaller dog. I hope Ellie (our dog) is nice to the social worker when she comes to our house. I am also nervous about the actual home "inspection". What all do they look for? What sort of things do I need to "fix" around out house.
I am positive that these are all things that everyone is worried about.. but if you know me, I am probably taking it a little bit to the extreme! That sort of what I do!  So anyone out there reading this.. if you have adopted domestically from the state of Illinois.. any tips for us?
The next step for us is to meet with the caseworker at her office in early December for a "more detailed" informational meeting. Then hopefully get signed up for our classes and get the ball rolling! We are very excited about this opportunity. Jeff and I sat down last night to outline what we would want in our future son. We are ready to roll! WOOHOO!

                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment