Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Step one... check!


 




And let he journey begin...Over this past weekend we attended a meeting at our church. It was an organization titled "the forgotten imitative" (www.theforgotteninitiative.org) we had the opportunity to hear what all they have to offer. Jeff and I went in to this meeting just to gather information about potential foster to adopt situations for the future, like 3-4 years down the road. You see our plan was for me to go back to school and then when I was all done, or close to, we would start the paperwork process of adoption. For those who know me, I had been on and off the fence about this whole going back to school thing for a while. For anyone that I talked to face to face about it, I would usually say... "Guess what? I am going to be going back to school in January... Yeah I agree its CRAZY!!!" I had changed my mind so many times, I lost count. Then, God intervened. He put some barriers in front of my plans, I had actually decided to do this whole going back to school thing. (I am pretty sure that my mind was in the school thing, but pretty sure my heart was not). Then I thought that I had found a solution to these barriers, well so I thought. Well God again intervened. He placed us at this meeting at church, at just the right time too. That night at this meeting my mind AND heart were both in. It was at that moment that I made my final decision, NO going back to school. God tugged my heart and I listened!! We were going to proceed with adoption. No waiting, NOW! That's right... Now is what God told us that night. He has a plan for us... and it does not include going back to school. It involves adopting a kiddo. We are hoping/planning/wanting to adopt a younger child. Maybe between the ages of 3-6, give or take a year or so. Jaxon has put in an order for a little brother, lol! So that Saturday we put in our information to the local organization for the "Adopt waiting children" program. We still have to to go through all the requirements to become a foster household. Even though we wont be technically be a foster family, we still have to have our foster care license. I got a call today from the agency... Will be calling them back tomorrow! The gal who called us was out of the office!!! God works his way in our lives when we least expect it. We just need to learned to listen! I hear Him and am ready to help a child find his forever home! Our hearts are open to love another one of Gods children!!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment