We have started our PRIDE classes through DCFS. We have one class and our next one is tomorrow! Glad to have started... but ready to be done! The paperwork is still overwhelming, but doable! Some of the paperwork is not that bad, just time consuming. We are also required to read three different books... they really need to evaluate this list. The books are really boring!! And repetitive. One book was written more for families to help them understand the process and how to offer some support. We actually gave this book to a couple of our family members for Christmas, so this book was good for us to read! The other two are very similar. More like self help parenting books. I really don't like self-help books, they are sort of boring and there is no story to them I would much rather attend a class/conference! Which is what we are going to be doing! We have a friend from church that works for a child welfare agency and is keeping us up to date on upcoming child training courses (these are classes that would offer extra training on trauma, child abuse etc...). I also attended the Hearts-at-Home moms conference this past weekend! It was amazing, of course!!! I picked up a book about caring for "that child" / the hyperactive child! I believe this will be of a benefit. Luckily this is not a required reading so I can skip around and read at my own pace!
We are also trying to find time to enjoy this nice weather, and each other! We try very hard to spend lots of time with Jaxon! Luckily the weather was very nice last Wednesday and the boys spent most of the day outside! Jaxon was very excited about this! I never thought that I would ever say this.. but I am actually excited for baseball to start! 22 more days until the Chiefs home opener... we already have our tickets!!! We also have our tickets for the 2015 Midwest League All-Star league game!
Jeff is also going to be going to Man Camp! Its a guys church retreat in Michigan. Our church has 20 guys going! He is pretty excited... some of there "selling" points is that the will get to grille their own steak and eat bacon!
Jeff and I also got to go see Eric Church last night.. it was a lot of fun! So we are spending time together also! We also have gotten really involved in our church! I LOVE our church! I am so glad that God has placed us there! Lots of great friends and wonderful support!

No comments:
Post a Comment