We have completed paperwork, we have gotten our physicals (well almost, Jeff's is next week). TB test have been completed. Finger printing... check! So whats next your ask...? Classes, lots of classes. We have class next week, and then start classes in February.. held every Saturday through early March. We have been told that more paperwork in on they way. We also have to draw up a "blueprint" of our house/property. It does not have to be as specific as a real blueprint, but we do have to include several details about our house and property. I have been putting this off, but the time has come. I might try to work on this over the weekend. I want to have this completed before any more paperwork is given to us.
We also have some required readings. I have been trying to read one of the books, but its really hard. The book is geared more toward the families of those who are adopting, so its hard to get in to it. I am trying really hard, its just going to take me some time!
We have been keeping busy with life... and Church activities! We have started our small group bible study on Orphan Care. It talks about what the Bible says about orphans and the "instructions" that God has set for us to care for the Orphans.
Psalm 68:5 "Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation"
Psalm 82:3 Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.
Just last week we talked about how we are all orphans and how Jesus has made this possible.
Ephesians 1:5 "He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will"
Its been a great group and I have learned so much already. Plus its been wonderful to have the support of a few that are currently foster families. Even though we are not going to be a foster home, there are a lot of similarities between the two.
So we don't have a lot to report this time around, just been hanging out waiting for the next step. Classes are our next step.
No comments:
Post a Comment