
The day is quickly approaching.. am I ready? Of course I am, God is in control.
We had our face to face with the caseworker last week and everything is playing out the way I had hoped and wanted. For those of you who know me, you know I am a planner and researcher. If there is something that I need to know, I research it to death! That being said, I had read the agency's web site top to bottom. I clicked on every link. Printed off every form or informational sheet. So at the meeting a lot of the things they told us, I already knew. They did tell us a lot of things that we did not know either. Just more insight into the kids and more details about how the actual placement works. It was a great meeting. We already have our fist home visit on Friday. In order to get signed up for the classes we need, they have to actually see our house. I have been cleaning like crazy. Luckily though, the caseworker provided me with
official detailed information (well a link to look it up) of all the things that they look for during the home visit. I have been really stressed out... but know that God is there helping me through this. Its been good for us because we are doing little home improvements that needed to be done anyways! Tonight I have our youth group Christmas party, that will help with some stress relief. Then I will be grocery shopping, got to have food in the house when the worker comes Friday (and since Friday is my shopping day, I have to go tonight). I am lucky too because my brother-in-law and sister-in-law are going to through this also, so we have each other for support. And she had her home visit today and was able to give me pointers, tips etc... So knowing what lies ahead, well sort of, is good for me it helps to keep me on track. Will keep you all posted after the home visit.
"The home visit made me realize that you and I were freaking out about nothing and our houses will be just fine" - Jessica Moore
Good quote by my sister-in-law, helps put my mind a little bit more at ease!!
Proverbs 16:9 “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.”
-God is in control!
No comments:
Post a Comment